Edwards Vacuum FINANCIAL ANALYST (R&D) in Brno, Czech Republic
Formal Education: University degree – Masters (Economics, Finance) Working Experience: 3+ years experience in a finance – analytical role, Controlling, Financial Analysis, Business Analysis or Audit PC: MS Office, SAP, Essbase, BPC – advantage Language: Fluent English Other Skills: International experience, effective verbal and written communications, pro-active approach and ability to recognize and drive changes and improvements, problem evaluation and solution capabilities.
Purpose of the job:
Provision of timely and accurate financial and non-financial information on efficiency and profitability of operations, identification of risks and opportunities that the business is facing in order to support executive decision making.
Assisting management in implementing strategies and operational changes, participation in corporate short term and long terms business plans.
Provision of financial data and high quality interpretation of financial analysis and variances between actual data, forecasts and comparable periods.
Assurance of true and fair status reflection of the business in the management accounts.
- Provision of on-time and quality regular or ad hoc financial reports and analysis to internal customers covering performance of Research and development (R&D;) function.
- To provide finance managers with accurate financial analyses as background for management decisions.
- Work closely with business managers as with the internal customers to provide them with performance visibility and ad-hoc financial analyses as background for business decisions.
- Support month end closing process (covering specifics for R&D; function such as detail headcount reviews and project allocation, capitalisation of project costs, settlements and other).
- Collect data from all regions, liaise with other analysts, operation/non-operations managers and Group finance to consolidate reports for the board ( such as supporting data for the Business performance review presentations, summaries of actual cost trends/forecasts, Capex plan and other).
- Support and drive forecasting process for R&D; area.
- Preparation of information for UK/CZ tax credit on a quarterly basis.
- Promote, develop and support consistency in approach for reporting and forecasting of direct spend/overheads across the function and regions.
- Insightful value added analysis and pro-active resolution of issues.
- Developing new reports and processes to respond to business information needs. Participation on projects based on business need.
- Active role in the statutory audits/internal audits requirements (where applicable).
- To evaluate proactively internal processes in order to drive improvement / standardizing across the Edwards entities globally.
- Protect the confidentiality of data seen both internally and externally.
- Follow instructions given by superior or by the stakeholders.
Job Title: FINANCIAL ANALYST (R&D;)
Position Type: Full Time
Type of Assignment: Permanent
Pay Rate Unit: Monthly
Country: Czech Republic
Is work location flexible?: No
Area/Site: Edwards - Czech Republic Brno
State/County/Province/Territory: JM Kraj
Postal/Zip Code: 783 49
Operation Unit Name: Central
Vacancy Close Date: 2.10.2017