Symantec Tech Support Engineer in Empiria Na Strzi, Czech Republic
This is an individual contributor position that will work as a member of the EMEA Support team, provide first/second level technical support to customers and partners, and ultimately drive complete resolution to each service request. All customer interaction is done via phone, email, and web and warranted by customer response time commitments established by Symantec Technical Support.
• Diagnose and solve Web Security Service issues
• Create technical action plans for analyzing and resolving customer issues.
• Provide technical assistance to internal and external customers and partners
• Utilize case management tools and provide case monitoring, status updates, documentation and notifications to customers
• Document all customer interactions and resolutions in the existing case management and knowledge based systems
• Use available support tools to diagnose and resolve product and technical issues
• Work with Systems Engineers and Engineering groups to resolve customer issues
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Application and network protocol knowledge: TCP/IP, IPsec, NAT, HTTP, DNS, DHCP, FTP and others
• Working knowledge of Internet Services: Web Services, Media Servers, Proxy services, browser and media player operations
• Understanding of Windows Active Directory and authentication services
• Demonstrate strong technical troubleshooting methodologies
• Must be a complete team player and work well in a team environment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability and willingness to learn technologies quickly and proficiently
• Good analytical problem solving skills
• Strong organizational and customer service skills
• 2+ years experience working with customers in a fast-paced, hi tech, support related position or similar engineering role
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in a related field a plus
• CCNA certification or similar is a plus
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Relentlessly protect the world’s information. Make a difference at Symantec. Across the globe, we are an ‘essential’ partner to both consumers and businesses of all sizes. We combine our talents, our brains, and our creative energy to reinforce our place as a world-class technical community.
Our most critical asset at Symantec is the talent we hire - you! We look for people who have a desire to excel and reflect our values: Innovation, Action, Customer-Driven, and Trust. We recognize that every opening in our company is a chance to increase Symantec's competitive advantage, and we are willing to invest in you in order to win.
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Symantec will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at Symantec, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact HR Service Exchange at https://symantec.service-now.com/hrp/ .
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Symantec Corporation are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf to find out more.