Medtronic Accounts Payable Supervisor in Prague, Czech Republic
Accounts Payable Supervisor
Prague, Czech Republic
20 hours ago
CAREERS THAT CHANGES LIVES
Do you have experience in supervising a team in a finance department? Are you interested in further developing your skills and joining multicultural company?
Join Medtronic as a Accounts Payable Supervisor and become a part of a company that improves people's lives.
Medtronic is working to improve how healthcare addresses the needs of more people, in more ways and in more places around the world. As one company, we can accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. This is the ideal opportunity to join us, and be part of our commitment to the health of others.
DAY IN LIFE
The Purchase to Pay (PtP) team is part of the European Financial Shared Service Center (FSSC) and responsible for timely, correct and efficient processing and payment of all supplier invoices (Accounts Payable (AP)).
Main purpose of the role is to:
• Supervise the day-to-day activities of the team.
• Supervise the accuracy, quality and efficiency of the work produced by the team members.
• To ensure invoices are paid correctly and on time.
• In conjunction with the PtP Manager, identify and initiate process improvements for the team’s daily work.
• In conjunction with the PtP Manager, take an active role in the career development and welfare of the team members.
• Assist the PtP Manager in the selection, assessment and coaching of the team members.
• Assist the PtP Manager in implementing process improvements for the PtP team.
• Organize leave and record sickness for the team.
• Establish and maintain good working relationships with all clients and customers of the PtP team.
• Supervise the supplier invoices workload, ensure invoices are paid correctly and on time.
• Organize the distribution and completion of all accounts payable for the team.
• Check the accuracy, quality and efficiency of the work produced by the team.
• Follow up and resolve customer complaints relating to invoices and payments.
• Liaise with internal stakeholders to resolve payment queries.
• Ensure adequate filing of accounting and other documentation.
• Ensure the timely and accurate completion of the month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing procedures.
• Provide assistance to internal and external auditors and respond to official requests for information.
• Provide support to the PtP team as necessary.
• Support the overall goals of FSSC.
• Actively contribute to embedding the continuous improvement mindset into the PtP organization by applying the Lean Sigma problem solving methodology, in line with the Enterprise Excellence strategy
• Have regular contact with the (local) finance organization to discuss status, identify and solve issues, and identify opportunities to add value to the business
• Act upon existing or new Medtronic policies and procedures impacting Purchase to Pay
• BA degree in Finance/ Accounting
• Written and spoken English
• 3+ years accounting/finance experience
• Working knowledge of at least one accounting or ERP system
NICE TO HAVES
• Second European Language
• Experience with people management
• Multinational work environment experience
• Experience in a Shared Services Center
• SAP experience
• Experience in Problem Solving (e.g. Lean Sigma)
• Good people (management) skills
• Ability to motivate a team to achieve challenging business targets
• Ability to work in dynamic and demanding environment
• Excellent attention to detail
• Strong quality focus
• Analytical skills
• Customer focused
• Flexible/Supportive to change / able to deal with ambiguity
• Computer skills (Microsoft Office)
Is this the position you were waiting for? Then please apply directly via the apply button!
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life.
We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team.
Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives.Help us shape the
Whatever your specialty or ambitions, you can make a difference at Medtronic - both in the lives of others and your career. Join us in our commitment to take healthcare Further, Together.