SAP CoE Local Statutory Reporting: Finance Specialist - English and French (other languages as adv. Job in Prague, Czech Republic
Requisition ID: 152222
Work Area: Finance
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
As the leading technology company for digital businesses, SAP serves nearly 300,000 customers in 190 countries. 80 million users make SAP the largest enterprise cloud company in the world, along with business networks that transact nearly $1 trillion annually. The Global Finance Shared Services organization (GFSS) is a business unit with 1,200 employees delivering end-to-end finance operations from a set of vibrant and multicultural locations around the globe: Buenos Aires, Dublin, Manila, Prague and Singapore.
Our highly engaged teams specialize in Order to Invoice, Cash Collections, Procure to Pay, Travel & Expense and Record to Report. Additionally, at GFSS, you will find: a highly skilled workforce collaborating across the globe on common topics, engaged colleagues creating value by simplifying and optimizing operations and one motivated global team working together towards shared goals.
Also, at GFSS, you will find: exciting career opportunities, a diverse work environment providing opportunities to grow, development & learning opportunities and an international business network for you learn and grow from.
Within GFSS, SAP employees have an opportunity to handle end-to-end high-quality finance services to SAP customers throughout the Globe.
We are currently in the process of expanding the team ‘Center of Expertise (CoE) Local Statutory Reporting’. This team is responsible for the preparation of the local statutory financial statements of SAP subsidiaries worldwide. The CoE Statutory Accounting is part of the Local Chief Accountant (LCA) organization which is responsible for the management of the accounting and financial reporting of SAP’s subsidiaries. The LCA organization is part of SAP’s Corporate Financial Reporting department under the leadership of SAP’s Chief Accounting Officer.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The CoE members are responsible for preparing local statutory financial statements including the notes to the financial statements as well as management reports and other related documents (where applicable) based on IFRS / local GAAP. In addition, the COE members manage the external audit of those financial statements and interact with the Local Chief Accountants and other SAP finance organizations as necessary.
• Identification, calculation and posting of necessary adjustments to group IFRS reporting financials as required based on local GAAP / timing differences
• Preparation of full sets of financial statements for SAP’s subsidiaries as locally required
• Support the automation of the preparation of those financial statements
• Management of the external audit of these financial statements
• Support of tax specialists in the area of actual and deferred tax calculations
• Professionally qualified or experienced accountant with at least 3-5 years of practical accounting experience (accounting function in company or audit firm) as well as experience in the preparation and/or audit of statutory financial statements
• Knowledge in IFRS – knowledge in other local GAAPs is a plus (in this case of strong local GAAPs knowledge willingness to learn IFRS)
• Very good English language skills
• French and any other language will be of value (Croatian, Slovenian, Bulgarian, Vietnamese, Japanese, Swedish, Portuguese)
• Excellent in MS Excel, good command of MS Word
• Project management skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Solid written and verbal communication skills
• Problem identification and skills to propose solutions
• Knowledge of SAP’s internal finance processes and SAP ERP a plus
• Dynamic, innovative and problem resolution focused
• Strong team member in both virtual and non-virtual teams
• Eager to work in an international environment
• At the start date outside of Prague optional but re-location to Prague required in long-term
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT?
• Exciting career progression, a diverse work environment providing growth opportunities, learning & development possibilities, and an international business network for you to leverage.
• Various and interesting work in brand new fancy offices directly at metro Nove Butovice
• We believe every employee is a talent and we want to reach your full potential
• Interesting non-working activities (volunteering, charity, sport events...)
• Opportunities for professional growth in Finance field
Yearly bonuses, sick days paid and sick leaves fully refunded, flexible start/end of working hours, contributions to the pension/life insurance, meal tickets/ catering allowance, holidays 5 weeks, educational courses, training, cafeteria, contribution to sport/culture/ leisure, sick day, generous shares program, etc.
We are creating our future together by moving to the brand new and ultra-modern Metronom office building directly above the Nove Butovice metro station. The location encompasses SAP's vision for the perfect work-life balance by featuring a cinema, uniquely decorated relaxation rooms, free gym & fitness studio, parents' and kids' room, and many more exciting amenities.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: Careers@sap.com ). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.