Concur Concur SW Design Engineer/Test in Prague, Czech Republic
Use your LinkedIn Profile to help you apply faster!
Concur SW Design Engineer/Test
Job ID #: 16046
Location: Czech Republic-Prague
Functional Area: Technology-R&D
Department: R&D QA (USA)
Position Type: International Full Time
Education Required: Degree Preferred
Experience Required: 1 - 3 Years
The Concur Platform team is looking for passionate SW Design Engineers in Test to help keep pace with our growth. We are in the process of building new UI on React and Redux to enable our customers to manage and customize their use of the Concur products.
As an engaged member of the Agile team, you will own Quality for the user stories being developed. You will be on the ground as the product is being developed and learn about all the parts of the stack. Our team will provide you the blueprints you need to build an effective quality strategy for your product.
In the first 12 months, you will deliver:
• Become an expert with Concur products: As a member of the QE team, you will not only become an expert with the products, but also how they are designed and implemented. Your in-depth understanding will be vital in shipping high quality software.
• Work closely with members of your agile team: You will become an important part of the product team. Communication and delivering on your work
• Core testing: Your break-it mentality and test instincts will enable you to quickly validate new features. Further, you will write automation that will be used to maintain quality and avoid regressions.
• Technical contribution: In addition to authoring automation, you will find ways to improve efficiency by looking for ways to leverage existing products and pull in new technologies in the industry.
In order to accomplish this, you will need to:
• Spend time using and understanding the products
• Read technical specifications and ask a lot of questions
• Set up testing environments
• Find issues and drive for resolutions
• Enlist in product repositories and build the product
• Do code reviews
• Stay current with technologies in the industry
What do you need to bring?
You understand “quality from the ground up”. You know how to break down a feature and implement the necessary gates to ensure it is a success with your customers. You question the status quo and take ownership of efficiency and effectiveness in your solutions.
You are driven by customer satisfaction and are always on the lookout for new tools/approaches to ensure they get the high-quality features they deserve. Understanding “why” is core to your values and “works on my box” just fuels the fire to flex your analytical strength.
You are as comfortable slinging shell scripts as you are publishing Java libraries and deploying RESTful APIs. NoSQL is your friend but you know your inner from outer joins.
You thrive in a positive, collaborative environment with your good communication skills. You believe in the value of iterating together toward a common goal and take pride in helping others succeed.
So, who are we?
Concur, a part of SAP, imagines the way the world should work, offering cloud-based services that make it simple to manage travel and expenses. Founded in 1993, Concur services are used by 30,000 clients representing 27 million users in more than 150 countries.
Your career at Concur is what you make of it. You can forge your own path, work in different offices, switch business units or solve a problem that no one has before. We’re inspired by change and by each other which is a major contributing factor to how we have retained the innovative culture that has created a market leading team of 4,800 colleagues.