Honeywell Data Scientist in Prague, Czech Republic
Home and Building Technologies (HBT) is a $10 billion Strategic Business Group within Honeywell International helping building owners and occupants ensure their facilities are safe, comfortable, and energy efficient. Our products and technologies are installed in more than 150 million homes and 10 million buildings. We are a leader in a variety of high growth markets, including connected homes and buildings, energy efficiency, smart grid and security technologies. Honeywell’s portfolio of software and controls provides the backbone to the Internet of Things. We address some of the world’s toughest challenges linked to global macro trends specifically within the home and building environment with our smart connected devices, energy, comfort, safety and security solutions and services.
You will contribute specifically to a team that will design and prototype novel data analysis applications, and apply machine learning techniques to intelligently extract relevant information and understanding from our connected homes and buildings. This information will be used for real-world applications in areas such as energy efficiency, comfort, safety and security. If you are excited and intrigued, please connect with us.
You will be given the opportunity to take your proven experience and…
- Work in a startup-type environment to define, design and develop innovative applications and functional proofs-of-concept
- Develop cutting-edge technology solutions in the connected home and building space that will leverage the existing eco-systems of HBT products
- Keep current with technology trends, relevant academic research, and software skills and tools and disseminate amongst peers and team members
- Work with marketing, user experience and IT teams to transition proof-of-concept to product offering
- Have a sense of strong self-direction, experience working in distributed teams and good communication skills
YOU MUST HAVE:
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Science, Mathematics, or a related field
- 3+ years’ data science experience applying data modeling techniques to solving customer problems
- 3+ years of experience and fluency in using data modeling tools (e.g. R, Pandas, Scikit learn, Mlib) and NoSQl related technologies such as Map Reduce, Spark, Hive, Pig, HBase, mongoDB, Cassandra
- Ph.D in Engineering or ScienceExperience in data visualization and presentation tools (e.g. Tableau, Qlik, Ploty, Highcharts, D3)
- Experience and fluency in programming and scripting languages (Python, Java, C, C++)
- Experience developing data models with time series data
- Experience with deep learning algorithms and workflows, including deployment on edge devices
- Entrepreneurial, results driven with a positive can do attitude
- Have a passion for R&D and innovation and a flexible, creative approach to problem solving
- Job ID: HRD4904
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Prague, AA 14800 CZE
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.