Microsoft Corporation Data Scientist in Prague, Czech Republic
Are you passionate about data and how its interpretation can make an impact on every day productivity of our customers?
Joining one of Microsoft’s strategic, international development centers in Europe is an opportunity to gain valuable experience in a multicultural environment and to realize your dream of a fast-paced career. You will be part of an international team working on products and technologies that have a genuine global impact and you will learn from some of the best talent in the world. Not the least, you will experience what it is like to work at Microsoft.
Microsoft Dynamics CRM (Customer Relationship Management) is a rapidly growing business at Microsoft and considered one of the leaders in software as a service in the world of business applications. Dynamics CRM is a generic relationship management suite that allows you to quickly build line-of-business applications in the front-office areas of Sales, Marketing, Customer Service and beyond allowing businesses to transform the way they build and nurture customer relationships.
You will be responsible for providing customer insights via analysis, analytical support to development organization, assisting in modeling and analyzing key customer insights. To achieve this, you will be integrating with internal and external data sources. You will have the opportunity to use machine learning techniques and statistical analysis to experiment with the data and push the boundaries of how much value we can create for our customers. If you love data, if you love to work on new projects where you can define the work, scope, direction and architect new solutions to make an impact on a large product; if you want to solve some of the exciting challenges and if you think you have the skills for it, this could be a perfect position for you.
As a part of your day-to-day tasks you will:
• Analyze data to learn about processes and how to improve them continuously,
• Deeply examine and sanitize data to discard irrelevant information and bring up the relevant ones,
• Find patterns in examined data,
• Cross-collaborate with engineers on building statistical models, applying machine learning techniques for targeted solutions,
• Build predictive models and conduct experiments to gain insights into quality, health of the product, customer usage and product releases,
• Inspect data from various angles to obtain unseen weaknesses, trends and/or opportunities,
• Work on data visualization and effective communication of findings and predictions,
• Run advanced algorithms to get deeper meaning of the data being examined,
• Design and engineer experiments on end-to-end scenarios.
Skills and qualifications:
• Background in Data Mining and Statistical Analysis (2-5 years)
• Experience with Statistical, Predictive Modeling, Machine Learning with Big Data using tools and environment like R, Python, Hadoop
• Proven ability and experience in using Data Science, Statistical Computing and Modeling to improve business KPIs
• Good analytical and data-driven problem solving skills
• Experience in Software Engineering
• Experience with databases and SQL
• BS+ in Computer Science, Statistics or related fields
• Ability to work independently as well as in teams
• Strong communication skills
• MS/PhD in fields like Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Machine Learning, Data Mining or AI
What we offer our successful candidates:
Microsoft Dynamics solutions enable businesses around the globe to optimize the planning of their resources and increase their productivity. Gathering knowledge and experience from colleagues among the very best in the world. Microsoft Development Center in Prague is a coveted career booster for talents from all over the world.
We value our employees highly and allocate the necessary resources in order for you to understand our business and be a full-blown and proactive co-player in your team. You will notably be provided with a mentor to guide you through your work experience.
You will be offered an attractive compensation package that matches your responsibilities.
Microsoft is a company that values diversity and encourages openness of ideas and communication. All applications will be welcomed and considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of color, race, nationality, ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion or belief. Development (engineering)