General Electric Engine Equipment Design Engineer in Prague, Czech Republic
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Engine Equipment Design Engineer provides direction and assistance to work group in order to meet assigned objectives. In this role you will work within defined parameters to make decisions, apply concepts to issues of moderate complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
· Participate on design of engine equipment;
· Drives design changes within assigned design group;
· Provides inputs for product definition engineers;
· Solid knowledge of drawing standards and manufacturing technologies;
· Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks in consistent with the engineering policies and procedures;
· Provides support to production on daily basis;
· Demonstrates good communication skill, technological and analytical solution for his work within engine equipment;
· Participated as a presenter in technical and program reviews;
· Interacted with co-workers within engineering organization community to establish and communicate best practices, latest technical breakthroughs, and contributions;
· Write technical documentation with regard to engine equipment;
· Provides engine installation support, interact with customers and select the best solution on base of customer requirements;
· Respond to engine problems through anticipated developed action plans and provided timely communications on significant issues or developments.
· Graduate in Mechanical Engineering;
· Basic knowledge of fluid mechanisms such as flow/pressure control servovalves, gear pumps, gearboxes, fuel filters and etc.;
· Knowledge of 3D CAD System UG or relevant CAD System and engineering software is desirable;
· Good orientation in organization procedures and technical documentation;
· Knowledge of turbo-propeller engines is an advantage;
· Project management skills;
· Good proficiency in reading/writing in Czech and English language is a must;
· Carefulness and sense for detail.
· Strong oral and written communication skills;
· Ability to work independently;
· Problem solving skills and self-motivation;
· Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization, team worker.
Locations: Czech Republic; Prague
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.