Medtronic Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) Specialist in Prague, Czech Republic
Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) Specialist
Prague, Prague, Czech Republic
Jun 05, 2017
The EHS specialist will be responsible for the deployment and establishment of EHS policies and procedures in accordance with country regulatory requirements and Medtronic’s standards. The employee will perform workplace and specific risk assessments including Chemical, Biological agents, Fire, Radiation, PPE, Manual Handling, Ergonomics, Displace Screen equipment etc. for onsite activities and for the organization.
This to ensure a healthy, save and secure work environment for all the employees.
• Lead provide support in the implementation of all Shared Service Center and Czech Republic Commercial organizations relevant corporate EHS standards, policies and procedures to provide for a safe and secure working environment.
• Identify environmental, health and safety training needs and provide or arrange training courses as required.
• Facilitate the process of EHS hazard anticipation, identification, assessment and control in both Shared Service Center and Czech Republic Commercial organizations.
• Monitor contractors who perform work at Medtronic premises and ensure compliance against company EHS rules and policies.
• Submit to management period EHS performance report and EHS improvements plans.
• Lead workplace risk assessments as well as facilitate specific risk assessments including Chemical, Biological agents, Fire, Radiation, PPE, Manual Handling, Ergonomics, Displace Screen equipment etc.
• Provide EHS support to any facility related projects including involving EHS consultants when specialized knowledge is required.
• Facilitate adequate ergonomics program in the workplace.
• Evaluate, establish and maintain internal EHS rules, procedures, instructions in accordance with national legal requirements and corporate EHS standards.
• Monitor safe system of work via periodic inspections, reviews and audits.
• Coordinate EHS training process for existing and new employees in accordance with agreed training schedule.
• Facilitate EHS culture and engagement via regular EHS committee meetings, active involvement programs, information boards, newsletters and other communication forums.
• Monitor and track EHS corrective action database for the company.
• Report EHS incidents EHS metrics and as required by the national legal requirements and corporate EHS standards and KPI’s.
• Facilitate incidents investigation and root causes analysis with management team.
• Review and maintain all relevant EHS documentation.
• Cooperate with all relevant external agencies including Fire Services, Health and Safety authorities and Environmental agency.
• Together with site management and other functional teams review and maintain emergency response program encompassing fire equipment, evacuations, emergency first aid and large scale emergency event planning in accordance with the Business Continuity plan.
• Other responsibilities as advised by the line manager.
Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field, including: chemistry, biology, engineering, environmental, industrial hygiene and/or safety
Master Degree (preferred)
• 3+ years of experience in EHS role including:
• Experience in local EHS regulatory compliance in commercial office and/or hospital settings.
• Experience in applying EHS programs including emergency preparedness, ergonomics, biological safety infectious disease prevention, ionizing radiation, chemical safety.
• Fluent written and spoken English Czech languages
• Ability to interact and work cooperatively with all levels of employees
• Ability to prioritize ; clear thinking
• Strong judgment and business acumen
• Good skills in planning coordinating, communicating influencing, achieving milestones, resolving issues and managing risks
• Ability to address difficult situations; conflict resolution;
• Able to work in a cross functional and multinational environment; culturally aware
• Ability to work independently; self-directed with self-managed supervisory reviews to ensure high quality and timely project execution
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, planning and organizing teamwork using influencing skills and to build relationships within a matrix environment
• Additional preferred language is Czech, to interact with the authorities and/or suppliers
DESCRIPTION OF THE DEPARTMENT
The FEE (Finance Enterprise Excellence) supports the organization in 1) General Project Management including Lean Sigma process improvement, 2) Communication Change Management, 3) Learning Development, 4) Continuous Improvement (MOS and Lean Six Sigma) and Enterprise reporting automation solutions. The team consists of a central group of people that are actively engaged in initiatives to improve, develop and sustain processes. The primary scope is the EMEA Finance and AskHR organizations.
The scope for the EHS position will be all Prague (CZ) office based employees (SSC, Non-SSC and Commercial organization) as well as field and sales employees working frequently at hospital settings.