Medtronic Expense Reporting Analyst in Prague, Czech Republic
Expense Reporting Analyst
Prague, Czech Republic
Jul 11, 2017
CAREERS THAT CHANGES LIVES
Are you interested in developing your technical skills in finance area? Do you want to work with top management in the EMEA regionto improve reporting processes of part of PtP team?
Join Medtronic as a Expense Reporting Analyst and become a part of a company that improves people's lives.
Medtronic is working to improve how healthcare addresses the needs of more people, in more ways and in more places around the world. As one company, we can accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. This is the ideal opportunity to join us, and be part of our commitment to the health of others.
DAY IN LIFE
The Purchase to Pay (PtP) team is part of the EMEA Financial Shared Service Center (FSSC) and responsible for timely, correct and efficient processing and payment of all supplier invoices (Accounts Payable (AP)) and employee expense reimbursements (Expense Reporting (ER)).
Main purpose of the role is to:
• Analyze, interpret and formulate recommendations based upon Expense Reporting data and KPI’s
• Act as a true business partner for the (local/global) (finance) organization and external partners
• Lead and support Expense Reporting team projects
• Be a proactive involved (senior) member of the Expense Reporting team
• Identify and report issues to the Expense Reporting team supervisor
• Implement process improvements (by using Lean Sigma, A3 and DMAIC)
• Analyze, interpret and formulate recommendations based upon Expense Reporting data and KPI’s;
Create and generate periodic and ad hoc reporting using the existing reporting environment (Business Objects Xi)
Analyze and interpret the outcome
Provide recommendations to our customers based upon the analyses
Review the need to implement new reporting tools
• Be a proactive involved (senior) member of the Expense Reporting team;
Maintain in-depth knowledge of the Expense Reporting systems and processes and assure their continuity
Notice system flaws and possible improvements, discuss these and tackle them via a standardized approach (Lean Sigma, A3 and DMAIC)
• Lead Expense Reporting related projects independently and support other Expense Reporting projects where required
• Act as a true business partner for the (local/global) (finance) organization and external partners:
Proactively approach our customers to create good relationships
Gain insights in how we can contribute to our customers’ success
Align on format, frequency and content of information required
Discuss possible policy, system and process changes to reach certain goals
Maintain relationship with external partners
• Support the overall goals of the FSSC
• Actively contribute to embedding the continuous improvement mindset into the PtP organization by applying the Lean Sigma problem solving methodology, in line with the Enterprise Excellence strategy
• Deploy cost and time saving initiatives to contribute to the overall Finance value capture target
• Have regular contact with the (local) finance organization to discuss status, identify and solve issues, and identify opportunities to add value to the business
• Act upon existing or new Medtronic policies and procedures impacting Purchase to Pay
• Midlevel education Finance/ Accounting
• Written and spoken English
• 2 - 4 years Accounting / Finance / Business Analytics
NICE TO HAVES
• Second European Language
• Multinational work environment experience
• Experience in a Shared Services Center
• SAP experience
• Experience with analytics tools (e.g. Spotfire/Tableau)
• Affinity with IT systems
• Experience in Problem Solving (e.g. Lean Sigma)
• Ability to work in a dynamic and demanding environment
• Strong team player but also able to work independently
• Passionate about process improvements
• Strong quality focus
• Hands-on attitude
• Customer centric
• Able to adapt communication to suit the audience
• Comfortable with complexity and ambiguity
• Energized by change
• Computer skills (Microsoft Office)
Is this the position you were waiting for? Then please apply directly via the apply button!
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life.
We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team.
Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives.Help us shape the
Whatever your specialty or ambitions, you can make a difference at Medtronic - both in the lives of others and your career. Join us in our commitment to take healthcare Further, Together.