Medtronic Expense Reporting Team Member in Prague, Czech Republic
Expense Reporting Team Member
Prague, Czech Republic
Jul 11, 2017
CAREERS THAT CHANGES LIVES
Are you interested in having a career in finance and also expand your technical abilities? Do you want to work in multinational and multicultural company that offers you interesting career growth?
Join Medtronic as a Expense Reporting Team Member and become a part of a company that improves people's lives.
Medtronic is working to improve how healthcare addresses the needs of more people, in more ways and in more places around the world. As one company, we can accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. This is the ideal opportunity to join us, and be part of our commitment to the health of others.
A DAY IN LIFE
The Purchase to Pay (PtP) team is part of the EMEA Financial Shared Service Center (FSSC) and responsible for timely, correct and efficient processing and payment of all supplier invoices (Accounts Payable (AP)) and employee expense reimbursements (Expense Reporting (ER)).
Main purpose of the role is to:
• Audit and review expense reports and receipts
• Ensure expense reports are properly authorized and efficiently processed
• Resolve employee inquiries via e-mail and phone
• Act as a true business partner for the (local) finance organization
• Identify and report Issues to the Expense Reporting Senior and/or Accounting Supervisor
• Implement process improvements (by using Lean Sigma, A3 and DMAIC)
• Assure execution of predefined activities:
Audit correctness of submitted expense claims
Resolve expense reporting related process and system inquiries from employees and Local Finance
Liaise with Local Finance and/or the PtP (Bank) Recon departments to resolve payment queries
Reconcile expense reporting accounts
Ensure adequate filing of accounting and other documentation
Provide support to ER and/or PtP team members as necessary
Ensure SOX / Internal control compliance
• Support corporate credit card Program Administrator tasks for entities with centralized (FSSC) maintenance
• Support the overall goals of the FSSC
• Actively contribute to embedding the continuous improvement mindset into the PtP organization by applying the Lean Sigma problem solving methodology, in line with the Enterprise Excellence strategy
• Deploy cost and time saving initiatives to contribute to the overall Finance value capture target
• Have regular contact with the (local) finance organization to discuss status, identify and solve issues, and identify opportunities to add value to the business
• Act upon existing or new Medtronic policies and procedures impacting Purchase to Pay
• Midlevel education Finance/ Accounting
• Written and spoken English
• 1 - 2 years Accounting/Finance
NICE TO HAVES
• Second European Language
• Multinational work environment experience
• Experience in a Shared Services Center
• SAP experience
• Affinity with IT systems
• Experience in Problem Solving (e.g. Lean Sigma)
• Ability to work in a dynamic and demanding environment
• Strong team player but also able to work independently
• Passionate about process improvements
• Strong quality focus
• Hands-on attitude
• Customer centric
• Able to adapt communication to suit the audience
• Comfortable with complexity and ambiguity
Is this the position you were waiting for? Then please apply directly via the apply button!
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life.
We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team.
Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives.Help us shape the
Whatever your specialty or ambitions, you can make a difference at Medtronic - both in the lives of others and your career. Join us in our commitment to take healthcare Further, Together.