Cisco Full Stack Developer in Prague, Czech Republic
Full Stack Developer
- Location: Prague, Stredocesky, Czech Republic
- Area of Interest Engineer - Software
- Job Type Professional
- Technology Interest Security
- Job Id 1204447
What You'll Do
We are developing our team and currently looking for experienced Software Engineers to work in an international environment in downtown Prague, Czech Republic as a part of the Advanced Threat Defense team spanning across Prague, CZ, Silicon Valley (San Jose), CA, Calgary, Canada, and London, UK. We expect you to:
- Build scalable machine learning systems for detection of modern malware, advanced cyber threats, and malicious user behavior
- Build high-performance systems capable of handling challengingly Big Data maintained by CISCO, build and support infrastructures enabling large-scale data processing and Machine Learning computations
- Cooperate with the researchers on the user friendly and understandable presentation of the threats detected
- Fit into our DevOps mode of working and be responsible for the whole product cycle up to the production deployment
- Optionally contribute to patentable inventions and collaborate on research challenges with corporate and academic partners across the globe
Who You'll Work With
The Cognitive Threat Analytics (CTA) Research and Development (R&D) team within Cisco Systems develops innovative products in the network security domain. These products provide exceptional visibility into the misuse of the customer computing infrastructure and threats operating both in the network as well as on the endpoints. The CTA system fights not only against well-known threats, but also modern, sophisticated attacks in today's cyberspace, which include Advanced Persistent Threats (APT), exploit kits, zero-day attacks, polymorphic malware, ransomware, trojans, and misuse of user accounts inside the client's network. Such threats are not only difficult to detect, they are also challenging to report in a user-consumable way.
CTA solutions are deployed as Software as a Service (SaaS) with optional software modules for integration with Cisco cloud solutions or third-party products. To ensure easy integration with any network, it relies only on proxy web logs and/or NetFlow data.
Who You are
So, if you share our passion for technology innovation, haveexperience in developing modern, responsive web applicationsand you love to interact with industry thought leaders on a daily basis, this is the job for you. We look forward to receiving your application and CV.
Our minimum requirements for this role:
- Bachelor's Degreelevel Computer Science experience(Master’s Degree is a strong plus)
- 5+ years of experience developing web applications
- Willingness to work on both front-end and back-end, depending on the business needs
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Basic design skills and thinking about User Experience
- Capability to stand up and formulate technical arguments supporting one’s opinion
- Teamwork spirit and excitement to work on complex cutting-edge systems for detection of modern malware and advanced cyber threats is essential
- Can-do attitude with a strong drive to take the initiative and complete tasks
- Willingness to take ownership for the deliverable
- Fluent English
An important plus will be:
- Experience of working in an Agile environment is a strong plus
- Experience designing and maintaining REST APIs
- R&D experience in several of the following areas: Machine Learning and Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Artificial Intelligence, Data Mining, Pattern Recognition, Cloud Computing, Game Theory, Graph Theory
Technologies/Languages you’ll work with:
- Frontend:React/Redux, JSX, Babel, Webpack, Node.js
- Backend: Java, Spring, PostgreSQL, MapR, Scala, Storm
- Deployment: Puppet, Docker
- Development tools: Idea IDE, Git, TeamCity
- Amazon Web Services
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
#fullstack #developer #development #CTA #cognitive
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.