SAP HR Global Mobility Team Support (part-time) Job in Prague, Czech Republic
Requisition ID: 151638
Work Area: Human Resources
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Student
Employment Type: Limited Part Time
As the leading technology company for digital businesses, SAP serves nearly 300,000 customers in 190 countries. 80 million users make SAP the largest enterprise cloud company in the world, along with business networks that transact nearly $1 trillion annually.
The Global Business Services at Human Resources is an organization with 800 employees, delivering end-to-end HR operations to all SAP locations worldwide from two shared services centers in Prague and Manila.
Our highly engaged teams specialize in processing queries from employees, as well as delivering HR processes comprising of all phases of the employee life-cycle, e.g., Talent Acquisition, Onboarding, Data Management, Payroll, Learning and Career Development, Mobility, and Off-boarding. By joining us, you will find a highly skilled workforce collaborating across the globe on common topics, engaged colleagues creating value by simplifying and optimizing operations, and one motivated global team working together towards shared goals.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Would you like to support SAP HR Global Mobility Specialists Team in various areas and tasks?
Perform administrational support to maximize the efficiencies of the business, to which the support is being provided. Maintain internal systems and perform administrative tasks based on set policies and procedures. Perform tasks with clear defined guidance.
The position is hourly paid (working agreement/DPC) for max. 20 hours per week.
• Implement and monitor Global Mobility related administration activities – maintenance v system, pripravit prezentace, reporty, podpora celeho tymu
• Work closely with the team on assigned tasks -
• Support managers of the team with relevant topics
• Update and maintain data in the internal systems where necessary
• Prepare presentations with content guidance
• Support reporting related activities with content guidance
• Schedule and co-ordinate meetings
• Continuously develop specific knowledge related to Mobility topics (e.g.: visa, social security, tax)
• Identify opportunities to continuously improve operational processes and procedures.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Active written and spoken English
• Attention to detail
• Good command of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Team work
• Ability to work with confidential information
• Flexible / adaptable
• Problem solving
• Experience in administration preferred
• Customer oriented environment experience preferred
• Work experience in one of the best run global companies in a highly dynamic and fast growing industry of IT
• Varied and interesting work in a young and dynamic team
• Work in an international environment
• Possibilities of continuous development
• Possibilities to participate on internal projects
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: Careers@sap.com ). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.