Amazon.com Linehaul Specialist in Prague, Czech Republic
Linehaul Specialist – C&C
At Amazon we believe that every day is still day one. A day to take the first step and a day to look forward to new challenges. And today is that day for you. It's your day to be part of something great. A day to make your ideas come to life and your day to join a company that redefines itself every day. That's the energy and passion behind Amazon.
UK C&C Overview
UK C&C (Command & Control Center) is the central control tower for Amazon Transportation Services, supporting both domestic and inter-country FTL transportation movements for UK and European geographies. The team is responsible for daily planning with the contracted carriers and ensuring that trucks/vehicles arriving on time to schedule at our fulfillment centers across Europe. The C&C plays a critical role in ensuring the smooth functioning of Amazon's European transportation network and thereby has direct impact on Amazon's ability to serve customers on time.
Purview of a Linehaul Specialist
Linehaul Specialist works across the EU in a cross-functional environment with the European Planning Team, FCs and the Carriers to ensure the day to day operations are being organized. By the daily activities such as managing the ad-hoc loads with the empty moves the Specialist has a direct impact on the cost levels. S/he is responsible for the daily and weekly tendering of loads to the carriers, following up with the carriers and solving day to day issues such as cancellations, ad-hoc movements, delays etc. The Specialist is also responsible for the tracking of the vehicles and making sure all the relevant parties are updated with the latest information. Besides that s/he will make sure that the carriers are following up on the necessary process steps and create reports for the carrier managers.
An ideal candidate should be able to understand work in a fast paced environment where change is the only stable element. S/he will work with carrier dispatch operations to ensure the capacity committed to the Amazon European Network is covered and the carriers are working according the requirements. The candidate should have the basic understanding of Logistics and should be able to communicate clearly in the written and oral form.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Proactively Monitor and track Line haul activity to identify, address, and prevent potential issues
Escalate problems you are unable to solve on your own while ensuring service requirements are met
· Operating the Transportation Management System (TMS) for communication with the carriers and the internal parties.
· Manage the ad-hoc additional loads, cancellation and other unexpected situations so that the European Transport Network is able to stick to it's commitment of on-time delivery against lowest possible costs
· Reporting and analysis through tools, portals and reports; using intermediate computer literacy (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, TMS).
· Develop and understand performance metrics to assist with driving business results.
· Following up with the carriers to ensure they are working according the set expectations and agreements. This includes tracking of loads and reacting to issues/warnings that the systems are generating.
· Systematically escalate problems to the relevant carrier managers teams and follow through on the resolutions to ensure that they are delivered.
· Provide real-time customer experience by working in 24*7 operating environment.
· Ability to work in a dynamic environment
· Basic proficiency in Excel
· Fluent in English and one other European Language (Czech, Polish, German are preferred)
· Excellent communication, both verbal and written as one may be required to create a narrative outlining weekly findings and the variances to goals, and present these finding in a review forum.
· Strong inter-personal and relationship-building skills.
· Work experience in operations/supply chain/logistics/e-commerce is a plus
· Experience in transportation environment, preferable a carrier/forwarder operation.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
AMZR Req ID: 490469
External Company URL: www.amazon.com