Microsoft Corporation Senior Program Manager, Skype Commerce and Paid Services, Skype Consumer Group in Prague, Czech Republic
Position Background & Responsibilities
Communications is the basis of human relationships and collaboration. The Skype Consumer Group is delivering solutions that shape the experiences of millions of people who interact using Skype every day to message, call and interact with their friends, families and loved ones. The Skype Consumer Group is the engineering, operations and business group comprised of the Skype Consumer clients across many operating systems and devices and the cloud based backend services that power those clients. This group serves consumers and business customers globally.
This senior program manager role will own the key parts of the strategy and execution for our Skype Commerce and Paid Services. Skype is a key business for Microsoft and is an engagement and revenue driver. While many people know Skype as a free calling application, Skype also sells credit and subscriptions, so customers can call landlines and mobile phones in order to reach friends and family no matter what device and network they are on. This role will look across what we have today, architect for what we have to build and also what 3rd party offerings we have that fill out our portfolio. This role will also work with other teams across Microsoft to understand dependencies and execute to make sure that we meet the needs for our customers across the Microsoft stack. You will be responsible for delivering a sustainable revenue stream and a set of compelling product offers to our customers.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Drive parts of our strategy for commerce and paid services product line.
• Plan and facilitate deep conversations with our customers to understand their requirements, pain points and ways to address these.
• Serve as the Skype representative with key partner teams within Microsoft who focus on consumer technologies and solutions
• Work with our key partners to optimize our integration, drive effective cross-selling and upsell and new customer acquisition
• You will have an opportunity to grow your product and leadership skills in a fun and innovative environment.
• You'll be collaborating with various teams across the company. This is a rare opportunity to work on something that is highly strategic to Skype.
Qualifications and skills
• Seasoned engineering professional with multi-disciplinary experience
• Deep understanding and passion for consumer centric products and experiences
• Demonstrated track record of exceeding established goals on a consistent basis
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and navigate through uncertain situations to drive for clarity
• Strong problem solving and decision-making skills required
• Must think strategically about product and business issues
• Creative thinker who can see ‘the big picture’ and unite new and disparate ideas with practical plans, working comfortably in the face of ambiguity while driving persistently towards success
• Skilled in translating ideas into clear communication
• Balance of technical and business acumen, capability to ramp up quickly on the business
• High personal accountability for self and others
Education and Experience:
• A university/college degree
• 10+ years relevant experience in technology
• Proven multi-year track record of shipping online services in a fast-paced environment.
• Demonstrated ability and experience in the product development lifecycle
• Sharp analytical abilities
• Strong product and audience skills to help drive product decisions based on customer needs
• Proven experience successfully operating in a global, highly matrixed environment required
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
Program management (engineering)