Microsoft Corporation Senior Software Engineer, Skype Engineering Services in Prague, Czech Republic
The Skype Engineering Services team is looking for a strong software architect to shape the technical direction of our client validation pipeline as we grow the Skype service to serve billions of users. This is a unique opportunity to be hands-on technically and make a huge impact on the quality of one of the world’s largest online services.
At the same time, as we move toward continuous delivery model, we need an engineering system that includes the right level of verification and deployment features to enable us to confidently ship small increments frequently and at scale. The role will be responsible for designing the validation system for Skype’s next generation client and services. You will help the team optimize the engineering system for fast validation and low risk deployment. You will work with customers of the validation system to ensure its meeting current and future needs at high scale and reliability.
We embrace Agile development practices such as SCRUM and are always looking for new and more effective ways of building high quality software.
• Drive the continuous integration and delivery strategy of our client and media pipeline.
• Design the architecture of our client validation services, in Azure, for high scale and reliability.
• Take a hands-on approach to designing and implementing the services along with the feature teams.
• Implement product changes as needed to improve the efficiency of our engineering systems.
• Maintain awareness in the development and test community as it relates to improving code quality and best practices at testing and deploying mobile clients.
• Seek out new validation technologies and methods and drive adoption of state of the art best practices on the team.
• Measure and report results of improvements.
• Provide overall technical leadership and mentoring for building high scale and resilient services in ESS.
• Contribute to the broader validation community inside and outside of Microsoft through conferences and seminars.
• Teach and evangelize sound development practices.
• Track record for bringing innovation and technical leadership to an organization.
• Strong design, OO programming experience.
• Strong knowledge of C# and .NET.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and cross-group collaboration skills.
• Proven ability to understand the big picture and effectively evangelize initiatives across a geo-distributed team.
• Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline.
• 3+ years of experience developing or testing a large scale online service.
• Deep understanding of Agile development practices,
• Strong passion for software quality.
• Experience shipping services on Azure is preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of colour, race, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion, or belief