NCR Senior SW Engineer C in Prague, Czech Republic
Would you like to work for a high-tech company that... * … has a global reach and presence in 100 countries? … drives innovation in restaurants, shops and at the biggest airports in the world? … enables 600 million consumer transactions every single day? … helped Alan Turing crack the Enigma code back in WW2?
Would you like… ? * … to be served quicker at gas stations? … your payment to be processed quicker?
Then join our team asSenior *Software Engineer C *and help us make this happen!
The Retail R&D team works on NCR RPOS product, which is a complex, distributed solution for petroleum and convenience business world-wide. The R&D team is responsible for improving the core of the product, improving its architecture and making it better positioned on the market.
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is the global leader in consumer transaction technologies, turning everyday interactions with businesses into exceptional experiences. With its software, hardware, and portfolio of services, NCR enables nearly 550 million transactions daily across retail, financial, travel, hospitality, telecom and technology, and small business. NCR solutions run the everyday transactions that make your life easier. NCR is headquartered in Duluth, Georgia, with approximately 29,000 employees and does business in 180 countries.
The Software Engineer in R&D team is responsible for design and implementation of the new features and applications for petroleum solution set.
• Estimates implementation of requested enhancements
• Designs and documents planned changes
• Provides unit test plan
• Implements the new features or modules
• Supports test engineers in test plan creation
• Identifies improvements to the solution and works with architects
• Acts as a mentor of newly hired engineers
• Strong C
• Experience with C#.NET (or Java)
• Experience with SQL
• Strong written and verbal analytical skills
• Strong Object-Oriented analysis and design skills
• English language written/spoken at B2 or higher level (CEFR)
The following skills are considered optional requirements:
• Experience with COM , WCF
• Experience with complex distributed applications
• Experience with development tools: MS Visual Studio or equivalent IDE, TFS or equivalent version control
- We * • Have highly skilled people who are fun to work with and learn from • Offer a competitive salary & great cafeteria benefit system • Live in a modern & cool looking facility
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, culture and physical ability. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Job Software Engineering
Title: *Senior SW Engineer C *
Location: Czech Republic-Prague
Requisition ID: 0055480_P0070370