Microsoft Corporation Software Engineer 2 in Prague, Czech Republic
We are looking for a passionate, driven front end software engineer who will help us deliver a new Skype experience on the web and on mobile.
The world of web and mobile development is evolving faster than ever and we expect you to stay on top of the newest technologies, explore, try and learn all the time.
You will join a team of passionate engineers who develop user experiences that let people come together, chat, talk and share anything anytime.
What we do
• - We develop solutions used on Skype, Bing, Outlook, MSN, Wordpress
• - We build, deploy using VSTS, Azure
• - We use pull requests and pair programming
• - We are self-organized and embrace agility
• 5+ years experience building large scale, complex applications
• You need to know how to write unit tests for your own code
• Understanding of industry standard web accessibility, web design & usability
• Solid awareness of cross-browser, cross platform and cross device web development and defect resolution
• Strong architectural and OOP skills
• Ability to demonstrate strong problem solving skills
• Fluent with Git
• Touch screen, adaptive design would be advantageous
• Experience in writing UI automation tests is plus
• Experience with React and React Native is a plus
• Experties with VSTS, Azure is a plus
• Knowledge of .NET/C# or other strongly typed programming language is plus
• Experience with iOS and Android development is a plus
What we need from you
• you should be ready to take ownership of an application and accept that you can be called at night to resolve a live site incident if necessary
• you should be willing to challenge status quo, build strong professional networks and use them to achieve team goals
• you should be able to give and receive honest feedback often
• strong team player skills and the ability to work harmoniously with a diverse workforce
Microsoft is a company that values diversity and encourages openness of ideas and communication.
All applications will be welcomed and considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of color, race, nationality, ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status,
disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion or belief