General Electric Turbomachinery Design Engineer in Praha, Czech Republic
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Turbomachinery Design Team is responsible for Inlet, Compressor, Combustor, Turbine and Exhaust sections of turboprop aircraft engines. Design Engineer executes tasks and projects in areas related to design, manufacturing, test, qualification and field service. The work requires the cooperation with other functions to assure product definition meets all related design practices and regulatory requirements, including durability, performance, producibility and maintainability.
· Mechanical design of assigned components and systems;
· Evaluation and approval of manufacturing deviations, leading projects to eliminate deviations;
· Definition, evaluation and approval of design change proposals;
· Investigation and resolution of manufacturing issues related to parts producibility;
· Root cause investigation of component field failures;
· Support for engine certification programs, including preparation of Certification Reports to demonstrate product compliance with EASA CS-E legislation requirements;
· Ensure that products comply with environmental, health and safety standards;
· Preparation of technical presentations and reports, including certification reports;
· Communication of results to internal customers;
· Assures all applicable design standards and requirements are met;
· Documentation of results and data.
· Bachelor/Master degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or related disciplines (or equivalent knowledge/experience);
· Proficiency in NX or other CAD system;
· Familiarity with hand calculations;
· Proficiency in MS Office;
· Good level of English;
· Fluent Czech language is preferred.
Within this job offer the roles of various career levels are available, including entry level and senior positions, depending on experience level of candidates.
· Strong oral and written communication skills;
· Strong interpersonal skills, team work;
· Developed sense of urgency and prioritization;
· Problem solving skills and ability to work independently.
Locations: Czech Republic; Praha
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.