Ingersoll Rand Application Engineer ( Inside Support Engineer ) in Stredocesky kraj, Czech Republic
Ingersoll Rand advances the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable andefficient environments.Our products,systems and solutions increase the efficiency and productivity of industrial,commercial operations, homes, and improve the health and comfort of peoplearound the world. We have opportunities for career growth through ourdiverse businesses, which manufacture and service many well-recognized brandsincluding Trane, Thermo King, Ingersoll Rand and Club Car. In every line ofbusiness - Ingersoll Rand enables companies and their customers to inspireprogress.For more information, visitwww.ingersollrand.com.
The Application Engineer ( Inside Sales Engineer) for Compression Technologies and Services will be responsible to reviewcustomer requests for quotation, customer specifications and make theappropriate equipment selections based on customer needs, competitive landscapeand the product portfolio.
The Application Engineer will take both technicaland commercial needs into account which will allow for optimizing thecompetitiveness of the offer while meeting the customer intent.
Location: Prague Hostivice or Kolin.
The candidate will need to go to manufacturing plant in Kolin twice a week.
- Ensure the ETO Level 2 global gate process is strictly adhered to during the tendering phase Gates 0 to 3.
- Reads and reviews customer request for quotations (RFQ’s) and specifications to interpret and evaluate customer requirements.
- Selects appropriate equipment and develops solutions based on customer needs, competitive landscape and the product portfolio.
- Prepares the customer technical and commercial offer, including supporting
- drawings, documentation, comments and deviations, inspection and test plans as required.
- Ensure offers are within the strict price and standard margin policies while using sound judgment on parameters.
- Offer lead times that maximize the business competitive position while reflecting the business ability to deliver.
Liaises with other supporting functions such as Procurement, Engineering,Operations, and Quality in preparation of the offer.
Supports the sales team in the preparation of the commercial section of offer.
- Provides timely, accurate, and complete replies to customer technical questions, acts as an internal and external technical resource during the Tendering phase ETO Gates 0 to 3.
- Supports the Order Management team during the order entry booking process to ensure a clean handoff from ETO Gate 3
- Supports the Project Management team during the execution phase, ETO Gates 4 to 7 and participates in customer kick off meeting as required.
·Mechanical or Electrical background
·2 - 3 years of experience in industrial markets
·2 - 3 years of experience in Application Engineering, Product Marketing orSales inIndustrial markets
·Diploma or Degreein an Engineering discipline
·English (Business Level) andadditional language is recommended (Germaninparticular)
·Competency Level- Basic to Intermediate
TravelRequirements (percentage): 20%
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal andfinancial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with ourbusiness strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest.We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages aswell as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee,which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances ourcustomer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringingabout bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then youbelong with Ingersoll Rand.Progressbegins with you.
Primary Location: Stredocesky kraj-Czech Republic
Shift: Day Job
Posting: May 29, 2017, 5:25:02 AM