Amazon.com Senior Automation and Controls Engineer in Czech Republic
The Amazon Reliability Maintenance and Engineering team keeps all our equipment in excellent working order, from printers to fully automated sortation systems.
You will be looking after the automated systems within our buildings and the systems that interact with them from outside the Fulfillment Centre, helping with fault finding, leading process improvements, project delivery across multiple platforms and will be involved in the installation and commissioning of new equipment. You will be a key part of a highly skilled team and thrive in delivering high-quality results and always be on the lookout for improvements.
· Ability to take the lead and be the subject matter expert within an Engineering Team
· Ability to develop code on different platforms
· Experience solving complex issues across Controls, Fieldbus and IT Platforms
· Knowledge of Process Flow
· Proven ability to analyse metrics and leverage them for process optimisation.
· Working knowledge of Warehouse Control Systems and Telegrams.
· Strong ability to communicate complex problems across business teams.
· Run and lead FC and Regional Controls Projects
· Experience in advising and steering Vendor projects
· Experience leading or being a signatory in a Change Management Process
· Being a point of technical reference and escalation for FC Controls Engineers, Engineering Teams, Operational Teams and other Business Stakeholders, within an FC, Hub of FC’s or Region.
· Sound knowledge of Machine Safety Regulations and Safe Working Practices.
· Driving and Developing Standards and Processes as part of a Regional initiative.
· Experience working in National or International groups of Engineers.
· Strong desire to develop themselves and other CSS within an FC, Hub of FC’s or Regional Group
· Identify Skill and Knowledge Gaps within Controls Teams
· Deliver technical and non-technical system training to different business groups
· Experience supporting or developing IT systems like IP Networks, Linux, SQL Databases and Cloud Technology
Required qualifications and skills:
· Minimum of HND/C or BSc in Electrical or Controls biased qualification.
· PLC programming and implementation experience with one of the following: Siemens S7, Allen-Bradley, Modicon, Momentum, AutomationDirect, Mitsubishi, Omron, Aromat, Toshiba, etc.
· Experience with SQL, Linux, Cloud Technology and IP Networking
· Ability to develop and/or modify scripts in scripting languages like Java, Python, C, Perl or similar.
· Project management, organization and problem solving skills with a drive for results and the ability to handle multiple tasks and teams.
· Good written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to be able to operate with minimal supervision.
· Willingness to work in a fast paced and growing European and global environment where travel is required.
Preferred qualifications and skills:
· M.Sc. in Electrical Engineering, Engineering Technology, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Petroleum Engineering or other related engineering degree.
Knowledge of at least one other EU language would be an asset.
About our rewards
We’ll expect you to go the extra mile, but we’ll also make sure you’re well rewarded. As well as a competitive salary, stock units and site performance-related pay potential, we offer a whole host of other benefits, including an employee discount.
Additionally, you will find yourself in a stimulating environment where you can develop processes as well as yourself as an individual by working with some of the best and brightest minds in the industry. Our rapidly growing organisation also offers many opportunities for building a diverse and rewarding career.
Amazon.com, a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995 and today offers Earth’s Biggest Selection. Since Jeff Bezos started Amazon.com, we have significantly expanded our product offerings, international sites, and worldwide network of fulfilment and customer service centres. Today, Amazon.com offers everything from books and electronics to tennis rackets and diamond jewellery. We operate sites in the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Japan, Canada, Italy, Spain and China (Joyo.com) and maintain over 50 fulfilment centres around the world which encompass more than 26 million square feet. We don’t like to sit still, which is why we always treat every day like the first day. A day to make more good things happen for our customers. It’s that kind of spirit that drives our success now and keeps us ahead of the competition in the future. And you could be part of it. It’s as simple as this: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
AMZR Req ID: 571527
External Company URL: www.amazon.com