LEGO Systems, Inc. Senior Accountant for General Ledger in Kladno, Czech Republic
Senior Accountant for General Ledger
Location Czech Republic, Kladno
Posted Date 04/13/2018
Job ID CZ1613
For our finance department that is a part of Business Service Operation (BSO) organisation, we are looking for a new colleague who will join the team as Senior Accountant.
We are looking for people who have the experience within Accounting and General Ledger and who speaks very good English.
Manage General Ledger processes, compliance
• Ensure compliance with internal and external regulations (IFRS)
• Managing more advanced execution of GL processes in a timely, efficient and accurate manner, including:
o Monthly closing - Review distribution expenses, cost of goods sold and gross profit margins for reasonableness
o Booking economic transactions and operations
o Reconciliations (accounts, intercompany, bank, etc.) and translating business transactions into journal entries in accordance with IFRS to ensure all accounts are properly stated in Legal books
o Provisions and Accruals
o Provide information to external auditors and Tax team
o Consolidation Package Reports for legal entities
o Analyse financial statements/ annual reports
o Provide data, analysis and advice necessary to support financial business partners / business in decision making process
• Building and strengthening basic stakeholder (incl. Business Controllers, Treasury, CRBC, Tax, Group Reporting and our auditors/PwC)
• Provide data, analysis and advice necessary to support financial business partners / business in decision making process
Join our General Ledger team that supports our factory in Billund, Denmark
The team consists of 10 people and is responsible for support of all accounting processes for our factory in Billund, Denmark. This role is the most senior in the team and its responsibility is to coach the team technically, set and define the short-term team objectives and develop the strategy to follow the KPIs.
Senior accounting person with English and University degree
• University degree focused on economy or accountancy preferred
• Experience from auditing companies is an advantage
• At least 5 years of experience in relevant position (accountancy, auditing, taxes etc.)
• Advanced level of English
• Knowledge of IFRS, ACCA certification is an advantage
• Analytical and detail-oriented person, punctual, pro-active and optimistic
• You are familiar with MS Office (especially MS Excel – min. pivot tables)
• Previous experience with SAP or other ERP system is an advantage
Why to join the global family of LEGO Group?
• Each of us can build her/his own LEGO Story – we support development of our employees
• We all use the same language regardless of a position or title – family working environment
• Interesting tasks, professional work conditions and competitive benefits are waiting for you – we take care of our employees
• We recycle waste – we care about the environment
• LEGO elements in all meeting rooms – we support creativity and play
The LEGO Group recruit and develop people entirely on merit. If you are confident that you have what it takes to succeed in this role and you share our commitment to creativity, collaboration and quality, apply now.