Inter IKEA Group Engineering & Quality Leader in Prague, Czech Republic
You will be part of the Management Team for Category Veneer on Board, report to Category Manager Veneer on Board and be part of the Quality matrix for Category Area Flatline. You will contribute by driving and developing the engineering and quality development work, with focus to secure execution, in line with Category plan. A same important area of responsibility is to develop the engineering competence within the category. End result is to develop and secure the engineering and quality needs to deliver products satisfying customer expectations in all aspects of Democratic Design.
_Other tasks which will be included in your assignment are;_
• Responsible for execution of the engineering and quality agenda for the category/ies in cooperation with BDMs, Category Manager and Engineering and Quality Manager
• Responsible to develop and implement Business Quality Leadership competences in the category and at our suppliers to secure consistency in our quality development
• Responsible for quality tools (for example Process & Design FMEA, Six Sigma etc) is used among the business development teams and the suppliers
• Support Production and Product engineers in local or global engineering/improvement/quality projects
• Support in analyzing customer feedback, and development of project/actions to improve customer satisfaction
• Support product development projects (News/Moves/Improves) in the engineering and quality dimension
• Support business development team to implement quality assurance at suppliers and create pre-conditions for the suppliers to take full responsibility for their Quality performance
• Secure Category specific knowledge in introduction of new engineers
• Good knowledge in project management tools
• At any time, act as an ambassador of IKEA values and Role Model for Fact-based Business leadership
_As an Engineering and Quality Leader you need to have:_
• Very good understanding of how your everyday work adds customer value by delivering to Democratic Design.
• Good understanding of IKEA Strategic Landscape, especially the Purchasing and Quality Strategies and IKEA Business model and Business Model for growth.
• Very good understanding of relevant Category plans
• Very good knowledge about IKEA Purchasing Manual and Supplier Development Process (SDP)
• Good knowledge of One IKEA Business Plan Process, IKEA Purchase Development Process (PDP) and Develop Product Offer process (DPOP)
• Good understanding of category specific material and production processes
• Very good knowledge of IKEA Supplier Operating System (ISOS)
• Good knowledge of Six sigma methodology and tools (DMAIC, Root cause, value stream mapping, risk analysis etc)
• Good knowledge of Quality assurance set up including production processes, process control, cost calculation and materials
• Good knowledge of project management tools
With your analytical and holistic view you lead the business, always acting with the Customer, supplier, total IKEA and Quality in mind project Management tools. You have the ability to lead on an operational/tactical level with the business strategy in mind. You perform analysis and are able to draw conclusions to support the right business decision. You have the ability to deliver results through involving, leading, developing and inspiring people in a remote environment, acting like coach and a mentor. You are a good communicator in English, both verbal and written, with the ability to communicate clearly and in a simple way.
Please note that this role will require extensive travelling
Submit your application as soon as possible via this ad, however not later than 16th March 2018. If you have any questions regarding the position you are welcome to contact Sebastien Cossic, Category Manager Veneer on Board at +46 766190399 . For information about the recruitment process, please contact HR Business partner, David Andersson +46 766190014.
We look forward to receiving your application in English!
/IKEA is one of the world's leading home furnishing companies. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible will be able to afford them./