Expedia Fraud Analyst in Prague, Czech Republic
Travel is bringing the world together and Expedia helps make that connection possible. Our mission is to revolutionize travel through the power of technology and our employees passionately create, innovate and surmount challenges to make that happen. We know we’re a part of something bigger, especially since we’re global explorers too. That’s what makes us the No. 1 online travel company in the world.
*WHO WE ARE:*
Within Expedia Inc, the Fraud Operations department is part of the eCommerce Risk Team. Our mission is to develop and manage the strategies that protect Expedia Inc. from financial loss and/or brand damage across all brands and channels from fraudulent activity 24 hours a day/365 days a year. Our scope of responsibilities covers both leisure and business travelers with tastes and budgets ranging from modest to luxury, from nearly every continent to thousands of hotels and vacation rentals, hundreds of airlines, thousands of activities, and dozens of car rental companies.
For our Prague office, the eComm Risk and Fraud team is seeking a Fraud Analyst that is highly-motivated, goal-oriented, has a positive attitude and a can-do mentality to mitigate fraudulent purchases on all points of sale world-wide. The Fraud Analyst performs analysis of high-risk purchases/transactions, via real-time queues and after-the-fact reports, to identify unauthorized purchases. Determine if transactions are fraudulent and should be canceled; are not fraudulent and should be processed; or, are unverifiable in which case the data must be analyzed and the transaction either canceled or processed. If you have previous risk mitigation or online fraud prevention experience, an analytical mindset, and are passionate about saving the company and its customers money, then this job might be for you!
- Monitors numerous real-time queues and analyzes high-risk transactions from specified points-of-sale within the business portfolio;
- Independently determines if transactions are fraudulent and should be canceled and refunded, or are legitimate and should be processed and fulfilled;
- Maintains or exceeds established service level agreements and guidelines for timely resolution of queued transactions to minimize potential revenue losses;
- Conducts analysis of transactional and customer records to link unidentified transactions and accounts to known fraudulent activity;
- May conduct analysis of transactional and customer records to link unidentified transactions and accounts to known fraudulent activity;
- May execute standard SQL database queries to retrieve data and produce standardized reports;
- May analyze or assist with analysis of acquired data and reports to identify new fraudulent activity;
- May assist in identification and escalation of bugs, fraud data/weight abnormalities and technical problems;
- May assist with or perform special projects in a timely manner, as requested;
- Maintains or exceeds required performance standards;
- Maintains or exceeds established standards for customer service, and resolves minor issues with little or no supervision; escalates complex issues as necessary;
- Works effectively with peers and leadership by communicating fraud trends and sharing ideas and information in a constructive and positive manner;
- English fluency; additional languages a plus.
- Experience: minimum 1 year of risk analysis or online fraud prevention experience required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Successful completion of a company-prescribed background check.
- Strong internet research, Microsoft Office, and overall PC skills; SQL experience a plus.
BENEFITS:5 weeks holiday, Free beverages, New Offices in the center of Prague, Healthcare, Private Medical Care, Life insurance, Pension Plan, Wellness and Fitness Reimbursement, Meal Vouchers, Travel Allowance, Public Transport Support.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
- Posted 26 Days Ago
- Full time