Expedia Manager, Global Customer Operations in Prague, Czech Republic
Expedia, Inc. is one of the largest online travel companies in the world, with an extensive brand portfolio that includes some of the world’s leading online travel brands. Collectively, the Expedia, Inc. brands cover virtually every aspect of researching, planning, and booking travel, from choosing the best airplane seat, to reading personal travel reviews of hotels, to planning what to do in a destination once you arrive. The Expedia, Inc. portfolio serves both leisure and business travelers with tastes and budgets ranging from modest to luxury.
Global Customer Operations (GCO) is redefining Customer Care for the travel industry, and needs smart, strategic thinkers who are also masterful at implementation. We provide the customer and agent experiences that power over 100 million interactions in 22 languages each year.
- Responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining incident and bug management processes for the Global Customer Command Center.
- Drives creation of quality initiatives, process change and other key initiatives to enable the Global Customer Command Center to ultimately meet and exceed business goals. Defines execution plan and schedule commitments for the group.
- Responsible for overall quality and performance and customer experience of internal or Partner Contact Centers for applicable region (EMEA, APAC or US).
- Responsible for recruitment of new staff, reviews, performance improvement plans, and terminations as required.
- Manages both technical and non-technical staff of the GC3, including performance management, development and mentoring.
- Recommends changes to policies that may have an impact on the overall success of function(s) or operations.
- Partners with internal and external teams to aid with the identification of root causes on significant incidents and drive any identified problems to resolution.
- Partners with IT organizations to implement and improve monitoring leading to improved support of Expedia products and services focusing on the agent experience.
- Summarizes key elements of technical/ contact center problems and work with the appropriate technical/app teams/groups to develop postmortem summaries.
- This position requires the individual to have the following skill sets:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent demonstrated IT work experience with an emphasis towards production support of high capacity critical Contact Center systems.
- Minimum of 5 years experience leading a 24x7 highly technical staff supporting an enterprise environment.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to train personnel to troubleshoot large, complex systems with a production support emphasis.
- Possesses strong analytical, organizational, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to inspire and work collaboratively with individuals of highly diverse cultures in a global and virtual environment and effectively communicates technical issues in a non-technical manner.
- Willingness to work flexible schedule in support of a 24x7 team.
- Shown history of performance excellence in the following areas; customer focus, team building, collaboration, optimization with strategic long term thinking, and communication.
- Has the ability to influence and gain the acceptance/cooperation of others. Understands the “why” behind the customer needs and can clearly articulate it to others. Is able to craft a network of long-term beneficial relationships.
- Highly organized with the ability to strategically think long term about operational needs and opportunities, while always taking a customer and partner-centric approach.
- Interpersonal agility - the ability to work in a productive and collaborative way with a variety of people ranging from VPs to individual contributors and support staff.
- ITIL experience/knowledge or certification a plus.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
- Posted 16 Days Ago
- Full time