Honeywell Senior Contract Manager in Prague, Czech Republic
Senior Contract Manager
This position is responsible for drafting, negotiating and amending contracts at all company locations in the EMEA region, resolving commercial legal and contract related problems that affect the broad spectrum of regional operations and assisting in the establishment of overall policies (and the enforcement thereof) as they relate to contracts and other legally binding business arrangements involving the development, sale and procurement of BU´s products and/or services.
The position is responsible for ensuring that all parts of the business are aware of and comply with Honeywell policies when entering into contractual arrangements and for ensuring that appropriate approvals are obtained for contracts in accordance with Honeywell’s Schedule of Executive Approvals.
- Draft, implement and maintain up to date standard contracts for use in each location for all standard business transactions
- Review proposed business contracts and identify risk areas to business management with recommendations as to risk containment
- Coordinate with other Honeywell functions to obtain input relative to their areas of expertise, consolidate and incorporate issues of concern into risk containment recommendations
- Draft appropriate language specifically addressing risk areas for including in bid documentation and contracts
- Review and approve proposed contracts submitted by product line, sales and purchasing teams
- Participate as a key member of the negotiating team in contract discussions with customers and suppliers
- Participate with business team in analyzing risks and proposing solutions to manage those risks
- Resolve contractual issues during negotiations
- Promote compliance with all Honeywell policies, including those relating to approval of Sales Intermediaries, Ethical Conduct, Competition Law, Personal Data, Export Control and the Schedule of Executive Approvals
Ensure all contractual documentation is complete, accurate and signed by appropriate company personnel in accordance with published policy and signature authority levels
20 Draft, implement and maintain up to date standard contracts
20 Review proposed business contracts and identify risk areas
20 Participate as a key member of the negotiating team in contract discussions
20 Ensure all contractual documentation is complete and accurate
20 Resolve contractual issues during negotiations
YOU MUST HAVE
- Degree in Business Law ideal
- Extensive knowledge in contract administration/management functions
- Knowledge of contracts laws and European Union directives
- Experience of contracts and law related to product development, personal data rights and technology licensing, including PaaS and SaaS, are also highly desirable
- Must have good grasp of the entire contracting process from Request for Proposal through contract closure, including contract law principles and negotiations. Experience of public procurement laws also desirable
- Must be professional in demeanour, able to work well with and influence others, be a decision-maker and capable of performing under pressure
- Must be able to analyze and critically comment on proposed contract language, and in general must be able to express self clearly in both written and verbal communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work autonomously in a fluid/fast-paced, highly collaborative, multi-national, team environment
- Strong experience in negotiating all forms of contract in the best interests of the company
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to quickly assess potential for risk and opportunity
- Strong work ethic and customer service orientation and ability to prioritize conflicting demands from multiple business clients
- Ideally previous experience of working for a US multinational company in EMEA
- Must be fluent in German and English, preferably with one or more regional foreign languages is a bonus
- Integrity and compliance culture
- Opportunity for career development
- Diverse and global environment
Exempt How Honeywell is Connecting the World
- Continued Professional Development
- 1st Shift
- Some Travel Required
- Job ID: req116195
- Category: Legal
- Location: V Parku 2326/18, budova 10,2.&3.p., Prague, AA 14800 CZE
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.