Microsoft Corporation Software Engineer - Release Manager in Prague, Czech Republic
We’re looking for a great release manager to help us drive core releases across all Skype clients. This is an awesome opportunity to impact the effectiveness of hundreds of engineers across Skype and contribute to how Microsoft delivers high quality modern applications at scale.
Skype enables the world’s conversations. Millions of individuals and businesses use Skype and Skype for Business to connect with friends, family, and colleagues to make video and voice calls, host meetings, share content and send instant messages.
Skype Converged Core Engineering provides the communication infrastructure for Skype, Skype for Business and (new!) Microsoft Teams. We’re longing for a strong, technical, release manager to help us build a world class delivery pipeline for Skype media and calling core services.
• Design and develop tools and services to support data-driven decisions
• Effective status report to key stakeholders and partners across Microsoft
• Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations
• Manage risks and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
• Define release criteria; drive release quality metrics improvements.
• Improve the software engineering processes and practices associated with continuously building, deploying, and updating software
• Coordinate with key stakeholders and partners across Microsoft and ensure our investments align with, and contribute to, One Engineering System
• Contribute to program management and engineering leadership across Skype Engineering Services
• 7+ years of program management, quality assurance or software development experience with proven success in delivering critical services
• Experience in a technical leadership role in high-growth, high-change environments
• The ability to wear many hats, learn quickly and change direction when needed
• Demonstrated capability to coordinate cross-functional teams toward task completion
• Experience with databases and SQL
• Automation scripting/programming skills
• Knowledge of Source Control systems and usage patterns, preferably Git
• Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills through all levels of the organization, technical and non-technical
• Solid understanding of engineering systems (work & code management, build, validation, deployment, instrumentation), service operations at scale, and ability to go deep in technical areas
• Good problem-solving skills and ability to think strategically
• Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.